This project is a follow on from the bottle lampshade in the bathroom. I made some bottle beads from the leftovers and decided to use them in a macrame plant holder – also for the bathroom – and to have a go at a simple macrame project. I used green garden twine and my daughter painted the pot white for me – so I added some watercolour designs.
Here is one section of the beads;
Over 5 years later, the plant is still alive – so I count that as success! The water stained the painted pot straight away so I found anther pot to put that inside and the macrame accommodated this larger, differently shaped pot, without a problem. The green string has faded to brown, but the bottle beads are as good as new.